Monday, November 9, 2009

Missing Posts 10/30 - 11/6

I was very busy this week and did not post my workouts after I did them. Yes that makes me a lazy pile of shit, but my priorities were elsewhere.

I did still workout. I can't necessarily remember all the reps and sets I did but a basic outline goes as follows:

Fri 10/30:
Upper Back and Biceps

Bent Over Barbell Rows
Close Grip Palms facing pulldowns
Shrugs
Upright Rows
Hammer Curls

Pretty straight forward upper back work. Kept shrugs lighter since I also did upright rows. Kept Pulldowns fairly light. Went heavier on hammer curls.

Mon 11/2:
Snatch and Front Squat

Snatch: Worked up to 175 for a single
Front Squat: Went ass to grass. worked up to 255 x 3
Leg extensions
45 degree calf raise
Pulldown abs

This was my first workout in my new weightlifting shoes. It felt pretty good. A twinge in my low back kept me from going heavier on the snatch. Took the front squats really deep in the oly shoes. Holy Quad Pump!!!

Tues 11/3:
Shoulders and Chest

Static OHP: did a lot of sets the last 4 went 185 x 3, 205 x 2, 185 x 4, 185 x 5

Close Grip Incline: Worked up from 95 for sets of 6 adding 20 lbs each set up to 175 then did drop sets stripping 10lbs a set to 135 doing 5 reps per set.

Shoulder raises
Tricep Extensions
Ab Machine

Wed 11/4:
Upper Back and Biceps

Standing horizontal rows on cable cross-over machine
Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
Face Pulls
Lean back shrugs on smith machine
Bent Over Dumbbell shrugs
Hammer Curls up to 50 x 5
Rotational curls

Thurs 11/5:
Box Squat and Snatch

Full Zercher Lifts: 65 x 3, 95 x 3, 115 x 3, 135 x 2
Box Squats with Light Bands: 135 x 5, 225 x 3, 275 x 3 x 3, 315 x2, 315 x 3
Snatch: worked up to 185 x 2
Kneeling pulldown abs
45 degree calf raise
Leg Extensions
Single Leg Hamstring Curls


Fri 11/6
Upper Body Recovery Work

Close Grip Bench: 4 sets of 12 up to 130
Dumbbell military press
Tricep Press downs
Rotational Curls
Shoulder Raises

Kept all of this light. Just got the blood flowing. Trying to workout tightness and soreness from the pec strain 3 weeks ago.

No comments: