Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A fat lazy coma

Last night I came home from work and immediately succumbed to the siren call of my tempurpedic mattress. I had been feeling exhausted all day, but even after 3 hours of weightless sleep on a luxurious visco-elastic surface that does not create pressure points or transfer motion, I awoke feeling like shit personified. Needless to say, the gym was not high on my list of priorities, but today I feel like a huge bloated ball of adipose excretement for not at least doing some cardio last night. So as I sat in my chair at work today reflecting upon my physical shortcomings, I have come to understand a few fundamental truths:

1. Little Debbie is an evil temptstress and behind the fascade of her cute old fashioned charm and promises of sweet goodness is an awful wasteland of diabetic dispair and rotund wretchedness. While she may offer cheap easy gratification, its not worth it. I am a recovering sweets junkie, and when I think hard about it I see no value in buying a chocolate pie from little Debbie. But perhaps I am in no place to say it as I've wasted a lot of money on enticing women whose pies were equally chocolate filled, although their boxes were far more beaten up than the neat little cardboard carb-coffins from Debbie.

2. My crappy office chair is responsible for my pec strains and tight hips. Spending all day in this posture destroyer has lead to several musculoskeletal issues. I need to fight against scapular protraction from hunching over the keyboard by doing some wall slides and I need to make sure to get up and walk around every half hour or so to prevent against muscular and ligamentous creep.

3. I need to sleep on the same schedule every night and make sure I stick to it. One late night this week has lead to 3 days of edginess, upset stomach, and being way out of rhythm.

No comments: