Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Something doesn't seem right

Something has been bothering me all day. I worked out at campus rec this afternoon and while I was there I had noticed some changes. No they did not have new equipment or get rid of all that cardio shit in the weight room. Nonetheless something was really different. Aside from the fresh coat of paint, which looked like it had been put on by some epileptic kids under the supervision of Hellen Keller and Muhamed Ali, something was very different. There were 7 new phillips 42" HD Plasma TVs in the weightroom. Now these were donated by MTVu so they technically did not cost Campus Rec anything, but they would have cost over $11,000. I realize that is not a ton of money for a company like MTV, but for that much money we could have had 2 ELiteFTS collegiate squat racks, a glute ham raise, a Westside barbell pro roller reverse hyper, a Hammerstrength Jammer, a Fat Bar, a band pack, and a set of chains. So while the bros may be thrilled to come back to the rec in august and bench and curl while watching bullshit shows like Grey's Anatomy in HD, I'll look at those beautiful TVs in disgust thinking about what could have been.

2 comments:

Christine said...

*le sigh*

I think the same thing about the universal monstrosity that sits in the "gym" at work. Coulda had a platform, a power rack... don't get me started. I only go in there when I have to-- and then I have to clear space for my kettlebell.

King Cameltoe said...

First off I'm glad you agree. Secondly its awesome that you train with a kettlebell. Those things are hardcore. One of my training parteners had one but he is gone for the summer. So I'll to wait until he gets back or pony up the cash for one myself. I guess I just don't see the point of plasma TVs in the weight room. I'd rather see a better stereo (with good music of course) and more equipment.