Sunday, May 13, 2007

Summer Lifting

DE Press

Incline Bench:
6 sets 2 x 215

Overhead Press:
6 sets 2 X 195

Standing Neutral Press (log with dumbbells):
3 x 65, 3 x 70, 3 x 75, 3 x 80, 6 x 85

Close Grip Bench:
3 sets 12 x 185

Shoulder Raise:
2 sets 10 x 20 (front and side)

Lat Pulldown:
10 x 140, 10 x 160, 5 x 180

Hammer curl:
10 x 30, 12 x 30, 16 x 30

This was a really good workout. It felt like a true dynamic effort workout. I felt very fast in my incline and overhead sets. Neutral grip press went well and was a nice supplemental exercise because it did not hurt my wrist or shoulder. It was a little different working doubles, but it forced me to be technically sound on all the reps. I decided to throw in a litle lat and bicep work at the end because those areas are lagging, but I plan on doing a full back and bicep workout on Tuesday. As a side note my legs are still a little sore from last Wednesday's workout so it is apparent to me that I have not been hitting squats and deadlifts hard enough. Monday will be dynamic legs and it will be nice to have all my gear back that has been stuck in my locker this week.

No comments: